Information Technology and Communications has become essential for daily life. It necessitates the roll-out of a sometimes complex network, requiring dedicated hardware and software. The implementation, running and maintenance lead to a significant consumption of energy and raw materials, the resources for which seemed to us to be unlimited at the advent of the I.T. era, but have now been shown to be limited and more and more costly.
“The power consumption of I.T. equipment represents an extremely variable share of organisations’ total electricity consumption, ranging from 2% to over 58%.
In the search for a suitable compromise between the effort to be made, the investment required, and the energy gain obtained, the gain that seems realistically achievable is 25% of the electricity consumption.”
“ConsoIT” study, 2012 to 2015, by the French ecological transition agency (ADEME). .
Relying on that finding, let’s maximise the life-cycle of your I.T. eco-system and, together, reduce the uncontrolled energy consumption of your equipment.
Our solutions include:
- A low-consumption server
- Server eco-design
- Improvement of energy-intensive workstations
- Configuration of your machines’ running time
- Optimisation of the automatic back-up systems and data saved to the cloud
- Best practice in e-mail management (mailbox servers and their synchronous and asynchronous software)
- Limiting premature obsolescence of the I.T. stock
- Re-processing of machines that are obsolete or have crashed
Our analysis covers your data centres, workstations, CAD stations, print system, network, web strategy, software, electronic waste management, etc.
Our actions in 6 steps:
1. An audit of your I.T. eco-system to define it around these themes: user practices, performance, and energy consumption
2. Presentation of a report on the audit and proposals for change
3. Designing a plan of prioritised and methodological actions linked to costed-out targets and measures aimed at reducing electricity consumption
4. Putting technical solutions in place that enable you to reach your goals
5. Raising your team’s awareness of new practices in order to limit premature obsolescence and energy-intensive use
6. Putting performance indicators in place to ensure consistency between energy economy and production
The combination of our knowhow in I.T. processing and our specialists’ expertise enables us to deal with a wide range of industrial subjects.